What are the features?
- The policy ensures that any loan taken out is paid in full in the event of death of the director or Keyperson.
- The policy provides cover for the term of the loan.
- Premiums can be paid directly from the limited company’s bank account.
- No tax implications for the director or the business.
What are the Benefits?
- Once the loan has been paid off, the business can continue to operate without any liabilities.
- Owners of SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) companies that have purchased Buy-To-Let properties can use the product to ensure there is no future remortgaging required as the property will be owned outright.
How does Business Loan Protection compare to Keyperson, Shareholder and Relevant life insurance?
- Keyperson insurance protects the business against the financial loss of losing a key individual. The benefit is paid to the business but there are tax implications on the premiums paid.
- Shareholder protection provides the surviving owners of a business with the proceeds to purchase the deceased or critically ill owner’s share in the business. The benefit is paid into trust and proceeds are then used by the surviving shareholders to buy back the shares of the deceased shareholder.
- Relevant Life insurance is a tax effective way for an employer to provide life cover to an employee with the benefit paid to the employee’s family. The premiums are tax allowable for the business to pay and no P11D implications on the employee.
The proceeds from a Business Loan protection plan is paid directly to the business to help pay off the loan in its entirety.
What are the tax implications?
None! Put simply, a Business Loan Protection policy has no tax implications to the director’s who are insured, the premiums paid do not have a ‘Benefit-in-Kind’ implication and the payout is free from tax for the business! (Source: L&G Business Protection Guide W13591 06/18)
Who is eligible for a Business Loan Protection plan?
The business owns the plan, and the policy is set up on the life of the key person, i.e., the person who took out the loan.
Speak to us
Are you looking for advice or guidance? If you’re unsure whether Business loan protection fits your business needs, speaking to our professional team is the place to start. We can advise on the best insurance and protection packages that suit your business, and our transparent approach means you know exactly where you stand with our service. Why not get a meeting penciled in with the WIS team today?
Our diary is open.
Ready to book a meeting with our specialised team at WIS Business Protection? Our diary is open to you. Whether you have questions about our insurance or you want to know more about what we do, our team are on hand to assist you.
Thank you for your message
We've got it
Thank you for your message. Our expert team at WIS Business Protection will get back to you as soon as possible to answer your questions, solve your queries and find out more about what you're looking for. Why not check out our WIS guides in the meantime to learn more about what we do?Read Articles